Hourani & Partners’ real estate practice dates back over 40 years. During this period, the region’s real estate sector has grown exponentially, and Hourani & Partners has been at the forefront of its evolution. Over the years, we have executed transactions on behalf of a wide variety of participants including, investment banks, sellers, developers, mortgage providers, operators, contractors, and public sector entities.
Our attorneys help guide clients through the full cycle of a real estate transaction, from the creation of the entity to structuring, purchase/sale negotiation, financing, construction, leasing, property management and disposition. Our knowledge base spans across multiple real estate sectors including specialized sectors such as healthcare, logistics and hospitality.
Additionally, our real estate attorneys offer expert advice on sale leasebacks, joint ventures, and real estate collective investment schemes including REITs, GP/LP structures, and regulated and unregulated funds.
Representative Real Estate transactions include:
- Advising Derayah Financial Company in connection with the acquisition of various commercial buildings in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia by its REIT vehicle
- Advising Anfaal Capital in connection with the structuring and formation of a SR 550 million private placement of units in the Al Fareeda Residential Fund and the subsequent acquisition by the fund of the Alfareeda Residential Community Project
- Advising Audi Capital in connection with the private placement offering of units in a real estate investment fund to acquire and develop a logistics and warehouse project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Advising Al Tawfeek Financial Group, as financial advisor, in connection with the private placement offering of units in a real estate fund established to develop the Jeddah Vegetable and Fruit Market
- Advising GCC logistics company in connection with the sale and leaseback of a plot of a cold storage warehouse located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, to funds managed by HSBC
- Advising a Saudi based logistics company in connection with the sale and leaseback of a warehouse located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to the Al Rahji REIT Fund
- Advising a GCC Sovereign Wealth Fund in connection with the acquisition of a mega mall based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia