What Our Clients Say About Us
Through our commitment of Transcending Excellence, Hourani & Partners has earned the reputation of being the premier commercial law firm in the region. Today our varied international, regional, and national client base ranges from Global 1000 and Fortune 500 companies, private equity funds, and exchange-listed conglomerates to banks, government agencies, and family groups from across the Middle East, North America and Europe.
- "We pick Hourani & Partners to contribute value to our operations. Their knowledge of our business and of the market in itself helps us in ensuring that our business needs are always protected."IFLR 1000
- "We find Hourani & Partners to be proactive in highlighting matters that need attention and in finding pragmatic solutions for our group."IFLR 1000
- "Acclaimed practice rendering advice to international corporations and domestic clients alike. Particularly respected for their in-depth knowledge of local law."Chambers Global
- "Noteworthy group handling regular corporate governance, joint venture and privatization mandates. Regularly co-ordinates on matters alongside lawyers based in the firm's Dubai office."Chambers Global
- "Consistently a solid choice for corporate and commercial advice."Legal 500
- "Excellent work. Very thorough, reliable, and fast."IFLR1000
- "It earns recognition from peers as a group that is ’very busy’ - they're involved in a number of notable transactions."Chambers Global
- "Immensely business-oriented, knowledgeable and efficient, with great attention to detail"Chambers Global
In the 40 years since Hourani was founded, we have created a cooperative culture where talented individuals are able to collaborate with each other. We aim to thrive as a law firm and want to continually strive to reach new milestones. In 2018 we celebrate our 40th anniversary, a headline milestone for the firm. We measure our success through the success of our clients and are at the forefront of the changes that are occurring in the legal landscape both locally and globally.
– 1978, Firm Foundations
Amongst one of the very first lawyers to practice and appear before the Dubai courts, Fadi Hourani launches Hourani by Ryal Decree of His Royal Highness Rashid Bin Sayed Al Makhtoum, then Vice-President of the UAE and Emir of Dubai. The firm began by providing clients both contentious and non-contentious advice.
– 1978, Building Hourani
Immediately staffing lawyers, the firm undertakes offices in the infamous Bank Saderat Iran Building, at the the time the only dedicated office building in Dubai.
– 2007 , Growing Hourani
Following graduation from Georgetown University in Washington and successful training at major US law firms including Aking Gump, DLA Piper, Winston and Strawn and Baker McKenzie Firm Partners Chadi Hourani and Hayel Hourani join the firm permanently, ceasing the opportunity to develop the corporate practice in Saudi Arabia. Chadi and Hayel enlarge the Hourani client base and the firm’s jurisdictional reach.
– 2008, Move to Green Tower, Dubai
Hourani moves into the iconic Green Tower development at the heart of Dubai Creek’s business district.
– 2009 , Expanding into KSA
Hourani enters into a formal cooperation agreement with Al Akeel, a Saudi based firm in Riyadh founded by US educated Partner, Meshal Al Akeel, licensed by the Saudi Ministry for Justice.
The two firms work together to create law firms that operate on a single platform to best service institutional clients in litigious and corporate law.
– 2011 , Opening of Jeddah Office
Following double digit growth and continued success in Saudi. The firm open a full service office in Jeddah – a major commercial hub in the Middle East, which allows us to cater to our clients in the Western province whilst also strengthening our regional practice.
– 2014 , Service Centre Opens in Beirut
Now with more than 40 members of staff, the two cooperative firms begin to advise ever more sophisticated clients such as Fortune 500 and European listed businesses on their most complex cases and increasingly high value deals. To ensure the firm operates in an ever changing world and economy, we establish a Service Centre office in Beirut, Lebanon a low cost, high quality option for process orientated legal service offerings
– 2017 , Move to Al Naklah Tower in Riyadh
Firm expansion sees numbers improve to over 70 people. Al Akeel offices move to a state of the art facility in Riyadh (Al Nakhlah Tower), which is in close proximity to King Abdullah Financial Centre, where the future of Saudi business lies.
– 2018 , Celebrating 40 Years
Hourani celebrates its fortieth anniversary, going to market with a new branding message, where the firm will look to “Transcend Excellence” in the legal services market in the Middle East and beyond.