Mergers & Acquisitions
Business disruption, technological advances, and changing regulation has led to consolidation and a vast increase in merger and acquisition (M&A) activity across the Middle East. Hourani & Partners has been at the forefront of this boom, handling some of the region’s most important M&A transactions.
Our attorneys have the experience and insight to serve as trusted advisors on all phases of complex, business-critical transactions and are well-versed in the broad range of concerns that arise in the process of considering and consummating a deal, often involving regulatory, antitrust, bankruptcy, labor and employment, litigation, and securities issues.
Hourani & Partners works with the full range of transaction stakeholders including, strategic buyers and sellers, entrepreneurs, public and private companies, boards and board committees, private equity funds, venture capital funds, investment banks, and other financial sponsors, while our transaction experience encompasses numerous sectors and industries including banking & finance, energy, insurance, technology, healthcare, FMCG, retail, and food & beverage.
Representative Mergers & Acquisitions transactions include:
- Advising MetLife AIG ANB Cooperative Insurance Co in connection with its merger with Walaa Cooperative Insurance Co.
- Advising Rocket Internet in connection with its $170 million acquisition of Talabat, a leading online food-delivery services company in the GCC
- Advising Delivery Hero in connection with its acquisition of Carriage Logistics General Trading Company, a leading online food-delivery services company in the GCC
- Advising MoneyForAnyCar.com Ltd, a company offering used car valuation and sales services in the GCC through its local vehicle, SellAnyCar.com, in connection with its US$ 35 million Series C funding round subscribed for by Sanabil Direct Investment Company, Gulf Investment Corporation and Olayan Financing Company
- Advising Nai Arabia Food Co, a natural food and beverage manufacturer, in connection with its funding round subscribed for by Fine Hygienic Holding
- Advising L’azurde Company for Jewelry in connection with its acquisition of the Tous franchise business in Saudi Arabia
- Advising the majority shareholders of Kudo Co. in connection with the sale of their majority equity stake in Kudu Co. to TPG Capital and Abraaj Group
- Advising Investcorp in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity interest in Al Borg Medical Laboratories, a leading private medical laboratory chain in the GCC
- Advising Al Borg Medical Laboratories in connection with its acquisition of 100% of the shares in Proficiency Healthcare Diagnostics, a leading private laboratory network in the United Arab Emirates, from Anglo Arabian Healthcare Investments LLC, a subsidiary of Waha Capital
- Advising Investcorp in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity interest in Theeb Rent A Car, a leading car rental company in Saudi Arabia
- Advising Investcorp in connection with its acquisition of a majority equity interest in NDT Corrosion Control Services Co., the largest non-destructive testing service provider in Saudi Arabia
- Advising Investcorp in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity interest in Leejam Sports Company JSC (Fitness Time), a leading health and fitness club management company in Saudi Arabia