Dispute resolution is one of the cornerstones of our practice. Our attorneys are regularly called upon to handle high value disputes involving complex facts and novel questions of law. Having first litigated before the Dubai courts in 1978, Hourani & Partners has represented clients across the region in a wide variety of contentious matters across multiple sectors and industries including, construction, healthcare, financial services, food and beverage, manufacturing, real estate, retail and professional services.
Litigation in the region demands the services of a law firm with skilled litigators who have a deep understanding of the nuances associated with practicing before local courts and tribunals. Our litigation attorneys have deep knowledge of local laws and court procedures, and possess a profound understanding of the regulatory, social, economic, and cultural drivers that lead to positive litigation outcomes.
With litigation experts across our offices, we operate as a single integrated team. In addition to practicing before the UAE courts, through our associated practice in Saudi Arabia, Hourani & Partners handles litigation before the Saudi Shari’ah courts, the Saudi Board of Grievances, the Saudi Arabian Commercial Court, Labor Courts, the Saudi Arabian Capital Market Authority, the Committee for the Settlement of Banking Disputes, and the Insurance Committee.
Hourani & Partners has arbitration experts that offer knowledge of both common law and civil law traditions, and expertise in Arabic, English, French and German languages. We have represented regional corporates, conglomerates, multinationals, and high net worth individuals as primary and local counsel on disputes ranging from intellectual property rights, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, non-compete provisions, embezzlement, and breach of fiduciary duty. Our arbitrators have experience under the major applicable legal systems and have practiced before the region’s key arbitration centers, including:
- Dubai International Financial Centre
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre
- Abu Dhabi Global Markets
- Saudi Centre for Commercial Arbitration
Representative Dispute Resolution matters include:
- Advising a Saudi publicly-listed industrial company in relation to disputes with multiple banks that have extended credit facilities to several of its subsidiaries
- Advising a publicly-listed technology company on a multi-million dollar multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute involving allegations of embezzlement and technology theft
- Advising a Saudi bank in relation to claims filed against Ahmad Hamad Al Gosaibi & Brothers in Saudi Arabia
- Advising an international equipment leasing company in connection with a high value collection matter against multiple credit defaulters