With the region focused on attracting foreign direct investment and facilitating a greater ease of doing business, charting the corporate legal landscape requires a law firm that understands the needs of local corporates, as well as the requirements of international investors seeking to penetrate the market. Our attorneys provide clients with the legal experience and market intelligence required to negotiate and close the most complex transactions, as well as provide practical counsel on clients’ day-to-day operations. We adopt a partner-based approach in working with corporates, taking time to fully understand our clients’ operations, strategic objectives and commercial goals to be able to deliver thoughtful, pragmatic legal advice for all our mandates.
Our corporate attorneys often serve as outside General or Special Counsel, to co-ordinate and handle all legal aspects of our clients’ businesses – not just responding to problems as they arise, but also identifying potential issues and addressing them proactively.
Representative Corporate transactions include:
- Advising a Saudi-based conglomerate in connection with the drafting and negotiation of its international joint venture with PepsiCo International
- Advising a multi-national tobacco company in connection with structuring, licensing, and formation with respect to its growth and expansion in Saudi Arabia
- Representing a GCC-based client in connection with the drafting and negotiating a development agreement with Wendy’s/Arby’s Group for the development of 135 dual-branded Wendy’s and Arby’s restaurants in nine countries in the Middle East and North Africa
- Advising an international cosmetics company in connection with the licensing and formation of its subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
- Advising an international confectionery company in connection with the drafting and negotiation of shareholders, licensing, supply and ancillary agreements relating to its retail and manufacturing joint ventures in Saudi Arabia
- Advising an international fragrance line, owned by a publicly traded company, in connection with the licensing and incorporation of its joint venture with a Saudi-based investment group