Thamer is a trainee pursuing the SRA license and holds the position as an associate. He specialises in various corporate and commercial matters with a particular focus on M&A, joint ventures, and restructurings in the GCC region. During his career, he practiced in different areas of law including employment, intellectual property, and real estate.
As a result of Thamer’s dedication to provide a positive client experience, he provides pragmatic legal advice to his clients across different sectors including oil and gas, banking, private equity, venture capital, retail, food, and beverage.
Thamer is currently qualifying to become a licensed solicitor in England and Wales and a member of the Law Society there.
Prior to joining Hourani, Thamer interned at prominent bank in London as well as law firms in Vienna, Dubai and KSA.
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Structuring & Restructuring
- Joint Ventures
- Advised a large Bahraini investment bank on the proposed cross border investment and acquisition of a majority shareholding into a large dental institution in the KSA.
- Advised a globally renowned automotive company in connection with its purchase of corporate average fuel economy standard (CAFE) credits from another large OEM in the KSA.
- Advised a major tobacco group on the KSA tobacco regulatory requirements in connection with their introduction of a range of new nicotine products in the KSA.
- Advised an Oil & Gas Services company in connection with the expansion of their services in KSA and the import and regulatory requirements in relation to various chemical products used in Oil & Gas services.
- Advised a well renown private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of a majority shareholding in a large medical company in KSA.
- Advised a family-owned Oil & Gas company on a joint venture in Saudi Arabia in connection with the development of an Oil & Gas machinery for use in the GCC.
- Advised a large venture capital firm on the acquisition of a minority shareholding in several entities including: i) a logistics business, ii) an online real estate investment platform and iii) a large healthcare company.
- Advised a large food and beverage chain on its listing on the KSA parallel market (Nomu).
- Advised a large insurance company in connection with a proposed capital increase and large-scale merger with another leading insurance company in the GCC.
- Advised an KSA investment fund on its acquisition of a majority stake in a pharmaceutical group operating through branches across the KSA.
- Advised a consortium of multinational investors in connection with its acquisition of a multimillion dollar milling company in the region.
- LLB (Bachelor’s Degree), BPP Law School, UK
- Legal Practice Course (Postgraduate Degree), City Law School, University of London, UK
- Qualifying as an England and Wales Solicitor by May 2023