Tarek regularly advises corporations and financial institutions on an array of transactions and regulatory matters including M&A, joint ventures, restructurings, IPOs and private equity transactions. He often leads the legal due diligence and restructuring aspects of complex transactions and regularly advises clients on a variety of commercial agreements including franchise, licensing, leasing and distribution agreements.
Prior to joining Hourani & Partners Tarek worked with a prominent Lebanese law firm as well as a top-tier international firm in Doha, Qatar.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Tarek’s experience includes assisting the team in advising:
- A leading Abu Dhabi-based fuel distributor in connection with its proposed acquisition, via an asset purchase of several fuel retail stations located in Saudi Arabia
- A European tobacco company in connection with the acquisition of its distributor in Saudi Arabia
- A Saudi-based retail conglomerate in connection with its takeover of a department store located at Kingdom Mall which involved negotiating the lease agreement and preparing sub-leases, supply and other agreements
- An international luxury brand in connection with the formation of its Saudi subsidiary, as well as the subsequent acquisition of the three branches which were previously owned by a Saudi franchisee
- A Saudi investment bank in connection with the acquisition of a 20% equity interest in a leading animal feeds manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia
- Masters in International Management and Finance, INSEAD School of Management, France
- Masters in International Business Law, Universite Pantheon Assas – Paris II, France
- LLB, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon
- Beirut Bar Association, Lebanon