Shakir is a UK qualified attorney with substantial experience representing a diverse client base on significant domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures, and other corporate transactional and advisory matters. In addition, Shakir has developed strong expertise in advising clients on a variety of commercial agreements. His experience spans across various industries and sectors including defence, education, F&B, financial services, fintech, private equity, technology, media and telecommunications.
Prior to joining Hourani & Partners, Shakir practiced at a number of prominent ‘Magic Circle’ and ‘Big Law’ international law firms in the UK and the UAE, including Baker Botts, Allen & Overy and Linklaters. Shakir has also spent time on secondment at the Investment and Development Office of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, giving him a strong understanding of the UAE legal landscape and the needs and demands of clients in the region.
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Private Equity
Shakir’s recent experience includes advising:
- One of the largest ADX-listed investment company in real estate and infrastructure on the acquisition of an ADX-listed fund pursuant to an all-stock deal with a combined value of over USD 1bn.
- A NYSE-listed entity operating in the defense sector on its joint venture in collaboration with UAE-based conglomerate.
- A renowned UAE-based investment company on a merger transaction (with a value of over AED 1bn) involving the merger between a subsidiary of the investment company and one of the UAE’s largest dairy, juice and poultry companies.
- A global investment group on its acquisition of two multifamily portfolio assets in the US.
- A renowned financial company on the establishment of one of the first digital banks in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A tech startup company incorporated in the Abu Dhabi Global Market on its Series A fundraising round.
- A leading UAE investment fund on the sale of a number of its high-profile restaurant chains in the UAE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- One of the biggest education providers in the world on the sale of an equity stake, with a valuation of over USD5bn.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Law, UK
- LLB, University College London, UK
- Law Society of England & Wales, UK