Carter is a US qualified attorney, who specializes in advising regional and international clients on a wide range of disputes and regulatory matters including structuring, negotiating, and documenting a variety of transactions. He has worked on cases and filings before numerous international arbitration tribunals (DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, LCIA, SCCA, and various ad hoc proceedings), Saudi Labor Courts, Saudi Commercial Courts, US Federal Courts (District and Appellate), the English High Court, the International Criminal Court, the International Court of Justice, and the United Nations Committee Against Torture.
Prior to joining the firm, Carter was an Assistant Legal Officer in Chambers at the International Criminal Court, and Assistant Advisor with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Chile in its successful defense of a case brought by Bolivia at the International Court Justice.
- Dispute Resolution
- International Arbitration
- Entertainment and Media Law
Carter’s experience includes advising:
- A German food delivery company in connection with several disputes, investigations, acquisitions, regulatory, and corporate matters
- A Luxembourg-based holding company in a shareholder dispute, with investigations and proceedings in more than 10 countries, including a DIFC-LCIA arbitration (including Decree 34 issues) and multiple proceedings in the US Federal Courts
- A leading Saudi tech company in connection with an intellectual property dispute in US Federal Courts
- A multi-national construction company in Saudi commercial litigation, securing a judgment of over SAR300 million and affirmed on appeal against a leading Saudi construction conglomerate
- A major multi-national media company as defendant in a DIAC arbitration with claims exceeding US$3 million
- A Saudi film studio in a multi-jurisdictional dispute with a European production company
- JD, American University – Washington, College of Law, USA
- MA, Diplomacy & International Relations, Seton Hall University, USA
- BA, Anthropology, Texas A&M University, USA
- New York State Bar Association, USA