Reef specializes in the commercial and regulatory aspects of corporate transactions in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and the GCC region. He has extensive of experience in supervising and conducting all elements of the life-cycle of commercial and corporate transactions, including supervising drafting and reviewing due diligence reports, prospectuses, share purchase and sale agreements, shareholder agreements, loan agreements and franchise agreements, amongst others.
Reef also has a solid knowledge of employment law matters. He maintains excellent working relationships with various regulatory bodies which enables him to offer clients up-to-date and practical legal advice on their day-to-day business operations.
Reef’s experience includes assisting the team on advising:
- The founder of a UAE homegrown café restaurant in relation to the sale of 49% of its interest to a leading investment firm in the region
- The founder of an EMEA-based gaming studio in relation to the sale of 51% of its interest to a French video game developer and publisher
- The leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace (based in Germany) in connection with the acquisition of a fast-growing food delivery platform based in Kuwait and operating in the Gulf Council Countries, and the mudaraba structuring, documentation and implementation of the acquisition
- A privately held luxury goods retailer and distributor, headquartered in Dubai, in relation to its joint venture and shareholders’ agreement with a NYSE-listed global beauty corporation
- A major international distribution company in connection with the acquisition of an 80% interest in a leading pharmaceutical distributor specializing in over-the-counter health and nutritional products
- MSc in Law, Business, and Management, The University of Law, UK
- Graduate Diploma in Law, The University of Law, UK
- Law Society of England & Wales, UK (in process)