Mohammed is a licensed Saudi attorney with over eight years of experience in dispute resolution. Mohammed is well versed in the Saudi legal and court systems, and regularly represents multi-national, regional and local clients in cases before, amongst others, the Commercial Courts, Labor Courts Board of Grievance, Shari’a Courts, Customs First Instance and Appeal Committees. He has successfully led high profile challenges on behalf of numerous multi-national companies in relation to customs matters, many of which involved significant sums.
In addition to his extensive litigation experience, Mohammed regularly advises local and foreign clients on regulatory matters in Saudi Arabia where he liaises closely with various government ministries, including the Saudi Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Saudi Ministry of Justice, SAMA and the Capital Market Authority.
Mohammed’s experience includes advising:
- A leading global contractor in a claim before the Saudi Commercial Court against a renowned construction conglomerate in Saudi Arabia for the recovery of dues and withdrawal of bonds in connection with the King Abdullah Financial District development project
- A French luxury brand in connection with the sequestering of merchandise and the imposition of customs related fines by the Saudi Customs Authority
- A major façade specialist contractor for the recovery of amounts owed to it by a renowned construction conglomerate in Saudi Arabia relating to a breach of contract dispute involving the King Abdullah Financial District development project
- A major European tobacco company in connection with the sequestering of shipments and the imposition of customs-related fines by the Saudi Customs Authority
- A global business and technology firm in its USD$ 1.5 million breach of contract claim against a Saudi-based distributor
- A UAE-based regional food manufacturing plant in relation to a customs dispute involving the importation of flour into Saudi Arabia
- LLM, (Commercial Law), Dar Al Uloom University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- LLB, Imam Mohammed Bin Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Bar Association