Jonathan is a US trained and qualified corporate, commercial and regulatory attorney with extensive experience working in the GCC region. Having been based full-time and permanently on-the-ground in Saudi Arabia since 2012, he has amassed an in-depth knowledge of the local law and regulatory environment. Additional areas of experience include healthcare and pharma regulatory advice, labor & employment and investigations, company formations and equity capital markets work, as well as corporate re-organizations, share transfers and joint venture arrangements. Jonathan is the author of “Introduction to Islamic Law: Principles of Civil, Criminal, and International Law under the Shari’a”.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan worked at Dentons LLP in its Jeddah office.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Jonathan’s experience includes advising:
- A Malaysian utility and infrastructure conglomerate, in relation to the disposal of a percentage of its direct-equity interest in Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Gateway Terminal
- A global provider and manager of alternative investment products in relation to its first real estate acquisition in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a 215,000 square feet temperature-controlled warehouse located in Dammam, and subsequent lease to a third-party logistics company, which serves the Saudi market in the temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution segment
- A Middle East-owned government bank in connection with the Nomu IPO of a Saudi burger restaurant chain where the bank acted as sole financial advisor and lead manager
- A Saudi motor insurance company with regard to a SAR100 million rights issue
- A national oil company in relation to the incorporation and roll-out of fuel stations across the Kingdom
- JD, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, USA
- District of Columbia Bar Association, USA
- Indiana Bar Association, USA