Guven is a corporate and commercial transactions attorney. He represents clients in a broad range of corporate and commercial, M&A, and joint venture transactions in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
In addition, Guven has extensive experience advising on private equity, sovereign wealth fund, and corporate clients on all forms of M&A transactions with a particular emphasis on cross border mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures. Guven also specializes in advising companies in the field of energy, mining and infrastructure. Guven has been recognized as a rising star in M&A in Turkey by IFLR1000 for three consecutive years from 2021 through 2023.
Prior to joining Hourani & Partners, Guven practiced at Baker McKenzie for 13 years.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
Guven’s experience includes advising:
- A Kuwait-based private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of 100% of the shares of a Turkish pharmaceutical company
- A Fortune500 US pharma entity in sale of 100% of its Turkish subsidiary to a listed Turkish pharma company
- A Kuwait-based private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of 75% of the shares of a Turkish fashion retail company
- An Azerbaijani energy company in connection with its various acquisitions and exits in Turkey
- A Japanese conglomerate in connection with its acquisition of a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer
- LLB, Istanbul University Faculty of Law, Turkey
- Istanbul Bar Association, Turkey