Ella is a policy, governance and legislative drafting expert. She has more than 16 years of work experience in public and private sector organisations, managing projects in Europe, the United States, GCC and Central Asia. Her interdisciplinary background has prepared her for policy and legislative work, as well as for establishing new entities and for government reforms. Ella closely follows the regulatory developments in the fields of virtual assets, AI, cloud computing, IoT & Fintech/LegalTech in leading jurisdictions around the world.
- Policy Design and Analysis
- Legislative Drafting
- Legal Research
Ella’s experience includes:
- Overseeing the creation of DIFC Wills and Probate Registry within the DIFC Courts, including drafting the legal framework
- Leading the ‘DIFC Courts of the Future’ initiative and acting as a Board Member VP Sponsorships (pro-bono) of the International Association of Court Administration (IACA)
- Acting as the Director, Gulf region for Jersey Finance Ltd.
- Acting as a Board Director and a Head of LegalTech for two DIFC-based entities, advising on the introduction of technology solutions in the legal and financial domains
- Acting as a shareholder and head of advisory of The Metis Institute, a consultancy think tank focused on envisioning dispute resolution of the future, on policy reform and on special economic zones
- Conducting legal and policy reform work in Afghanistan, including drafting the Fair Competition Law, the Anti-Hoarding provisions, co-drafting the National Trade Policy and the design of a commercial arbitration center
- Masters in Public Policy, Maastricht Graduate School of Governance – UNU MERIT, The Netherlands
- Bachelors in European Studies, Maastricht University, The Netherlands