Bassem regularly advises clients on a wide range of corporate, regulatory and litigation matters. He has significant experience in relation to incorporating and restructuring UAE-based onshore as well as offshore companies.
In particular, Bassem is adept at conducting and managing due diligence exercises and liaising with the relevant regulatory departments to ensure all client related filings and applications are made in a complete and timely manner. His established relationships with governmental and regulatory authorities such as Jebel Ali Free zone (JAFZA) and the Dubai Economic Department (DED) position him well to provide clients with up-to-date, practical and commercially astute advice.
Bassem’s experience includes assisting team members in advising:
- An international distribution company in the restructuring of its entities in the UAE
- A European based tobacco company in the various corporate governance related mandates with respect to their UAE and KSA subsidiaries
- An ADGM based financial institution on its restructuring and optimal regional holding structure
- A multi-national entity in the reformation of its foreign corporate entities into an offshore holding structure
- A leading UAE based healthcare company in obtaining Dubai Health Authority approvals
- LLB, Tanta University, Egypt
- Egyptian Bar Association, Egypt