Anas is a US qualified attorney and has practiced in Saudi Arabia for over 13 years where he advises local corporate and foreign investors on a wide array of corporate, commercial, employment, regulatory, and cross-border matters.
Anas’ practice ranges across multiple sectors and industries including, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, aviation and FMCG, where he leverages his language skills, knowledge of local market practices, and deep understanding of the Saudi legal and regulatory framework to provide clients with pragmatic legal advice and streamlined solutions to complex matters.
Anas has authored numerous articles on Saudi Arabian legal topics and is regularly recognized by leading international legal directories and publications such as Chambers and Partners, that recognize Anas for his “significant experience [assisting] both national and international clients with cross-border transactions and regulatory matters”.
Anas is currently seconded to the offices of ZH Partners, Jeddah.
Prior to joining the firm, Anas served as the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of a publicly listed insurance company in Saudi Arabia and as a Partner at Dentons, having founded and managed its Jeddah office.
- Joint Ventures
Anas’ experience includes advising:
- A publicly listed insurance company with legal, commercial, and compliance matters, and also representing the company before the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency and the Capital Market Authority
- A local airline with respect to various commercial agreements related to cargo, catering, ground services, and engineering services as well as regulatory and corporate governance matters
- One of the largest healthcare and medical device manufacturers in connection with its business and operations in the Middle East, including dealings with distributors, suppliers, and various government agencies, and involvement with government tenders and commercial transactions
- One of the largest transport and logistics companies in the world in relation to its Saudi operations and commercial matters
- On the establishment and operation of a low-cost airline in Saudi Arabia, including regulatory matters before the General Authority for Civil Aviation, as well as various commercial and employment related matters
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, USA
- California Bar Association, USA
- District of Columbia Bar Association, USA