Amgad is a US qualified attorney who has practiced in the Middle East since 1999 and in Saudi Arabia since 2001 where he represents major American, European and regional banking, industrial and corporate institutions with business in Saudi Arabia, on a range of corporate, regulatory and commercial matters.
Amgad’s longstanding local market presence coupled with his deep understanding of the legal framework and regulatory nuances of the region have made him a recognized legal figure in Saudi Arabia. Global leading legal directory, Chambers and Partners, has acknowledged Amgad for his “very good understanding of the Saudi commercial and governmental environment…as well as global companies and the way they think”.
Amgad is currently seconded to the offices of ZH Partners, Riyadh.
Prior to joining the firm, Amgad managed the Saudi Arabian practice of a global law firm with over 175 offices worldwide.
- Banking & Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dispute Resolution
- Capital Markets
Amgad’s experience includes advising:
- A Saudi Arabian based multi-national corporation in connection with a US$ 1.2 billion lease securitization
- The Saudi Arabian state-owned electricity company in connection with its restructuring and privatization
- One of the world’s largest transportation and logistics companies on a multi-million dollar acquisition of a Saudi Arabian entity as part of its entry into Saudi Arabia
- A Bahrain-based bank regarding the Saudi Arabian Capital Markets Authority approvals
- Several Saudi Arabian banks and closely held companies in connection with the private placement of securities
- A major Saudi Arabian bank in connection with the restructuring and marketing of its local and international investment fund products
- A US-based multi-national financial services company in connection with a variety of issues concerning the accounts of Saudi Arabian nationals and corporations
- A Korean-based petrochemical company regarding a multi-billion dollar acquisition of a strategic stake in a Saudi Arabian petrochemical company
- A Hong Kong-based ports holding company in connection with its acquisition of a 51% stake in a Saudi Arabian port operating company
- JD, Cleveland State University, USA
- MBA, Cleveland State University, USA
- BA, Business Administration, Kent State University, USA
- Ohio State Bar Association, USA
- District of Columbia Bar Association, USA