Ali is a dual-qualified (New York and England & Wales) corporate attorney. His practice covers a broad spectrum of cross-border corporate transactional matters, with a focus on M&A, private investments and capital markets in the Middle East, Europe and North America.
Ali represents private equity, venture capital and corporate clients on acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments. He has acted for clients investing and operating in various sectors, including energy and infrastructure, technology, life sciences and telecommunications. He regularly advises US and European companies on business formation and general corporate governance matters.
Ali is experienced in advising private equity sponsors, issuers and investment banks on US and European securities law matters in connection with complex, cross-border corporate financings, including debt and equity capital markets transactions, leveraged buyouts, high yield debt offerings and other private placement exemptions.
Prior to joining Hourani & Partners, Ali practiced at distinguished international law firms in London and New York, including Curtis, Linklaters and Debevoise & Plimpton.
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Capital Markets
Ali’s experience includes advising:
- A general partner of funds owned by two ultra-high-net-worth individuals in its joint venture with an AIM and TSX-V listed mining company
- One of the largest American private equity investment firms and another investment firm in their $855 million take-private acquisition of a US-based manufacturing company
- A Saudi giga project in multiple venture capital financings of US-based startups
- The corporate venture capital arm of a British multinational company in multiple venture capital financings of US-based startups
- A conglomerate based in the UAE in its indirect investment in the Series F financing of an aerospace and defense technology company
- A private equity investment firm in the acquisition of the largest furniture retailer network in France, including a high yield offering of €380 million
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, USA
- BA, Northwestern University, USA
- Law Society of England & Wales, UK
- New York State Bar Association, USA