Alex is a US qualified attorney who regularly represents clients in a broad range of commercial and corporate transactions, including private equity, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance, capital raises and joint ventures in the context of both US and cross-border transactions. Alex oversees all aspects of complex transactions including negotiating and drafting transactional documents, conducting due diligence and managing the transaction team. Alex also regularly advises clients on a variety of commercial agreements including licensing, leasing and distribution agreements.
Alex has published numerous articles on topics related to mergers and acquisitions in leading industry journals such as The Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance.
Alex’s prior experience includes working in Washington DC and New York at prominent law firms such as Jones Day and Kelley Drye & Warren.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital
- Securities Compliance
Alex’s experience includes advising:
- A private equity fund portfolio entity in the US$ 255 million sale of the equity of the operating subsidiary of such portfolio entity to a publicly traded corporation in the technology industry
- A private equity fund portfolio limited partnership in the US$ 75 million purchase of the equity of the operating subsidiary of a portfolio entity of another private equity fund
- Members of a talent management solutions provider in the US$ 51 million sale of all outstanding limited liability company membership interests to a publicly traded corporation dedicated to helping people and organizations develop the skills and knowledge needed for success
- A venture capital fund based in Spain in connection with the purchase of Series A Preferred Stock in a private placement by a holding corporation incorporated in the US that has an operating subsidiary in Spain
- A Republic of Ireland entity in connection with its majority investment in a US based real estate joint venture
- A US based medical manufacturer in the documentation and negotiation of a joint venture in Latin America
- The Board of Directors of a Fortune 500 publicly traded corporation in connection with various corporate and fiduciary matters
- A mobile medical units manufacturer in relation to international agency agreements
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, USA
- MPP, University of Michigan Ford School of Public Policy, USA
- BA, Haverford College, USA
- District of Columbia, USA
- New York State Bar Association, USA
- New Jersey State Bar Association, USA