Abhishek is a corporate lawyer who has established a track record representing investors and startups in the technology and life sciences sectors on cross border transactions across India, Southeast Asia, USA, and the Middle East.
He regularly advices private equity firms, multinational companies, and foreign investors on various aspects of UAE law including laws relating to the DIFC, ADGM and other free zones, and is actively involved in strategic mergers and acquisitions and other substantial corporate transactions where he regularly advises on a range of transactional documents, such as subscription agreements, shareholder agreements, distributor agreements and employment agreements.
Prior to joining Hourani & Partners, Abhishek worked at leading international law firms, Hogan Lovells LLP and Cooley LLP in the UAE, USA and Singapore.
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Joint Venture
Abhishek’s experience includes assisting in advising:
- A leading Middle East venture capital fund in the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Saudi Arabia-based healthcare technology platform.
- A French shipping and logistics company in the buyout of its joint venture partner in Saudi Arabia.
- leading listed Indian housing finance company in its qualified institutional placement financing.
- An Indian power company in the largest buyout in the renewable energy space in Asia.
- A range of international private equity investors in strategic acquisitions and investments in Indian companies.
- A leading Indian automobile company in its proposed joint venture with a German automobile maker.
- LLM in Business Law, University of California – Berkley, USA
- LLM in Commercial and Corporate Laws University of London, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, City University of London, UK
- LLB, University of London, UK
- Bar Council, India
- Institute of Arbitrators, Singapore